Introduction to structural equation modeling with the R package ‘Lavaan’
This two-day workshop will provide attendees with a friendly, gentle introduction to structural equation modeling (SEM) with the free R package lavaan. The course starts with a concise overview of the principles and practice of structural equation modeling, followed by an introduction to the lavaan package. On the second day, we will discuss many special topics that are often needed by applied users (missing data, multiple groups, non-normal data, categorical data and multilevel data).
- Instructor: The lavaan team of Yves Rosseel (UGent)
- Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of descriptive and inductive statistics and R is required. Participants should bring a laptop with the latest version of R and lavaan installed.
- Who should attend?: All doctoral students from the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences and from the Doctoral School Humanities and Social Sciences are welcome. This 2-day workshop counts as this year’s Seminar for Advanced Data Analysis (P0B58A), a course programmed in the doctoral training program of the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences.
- Dates: Thursday 1 and Friday 2 June 2017
- Schedule: Each day, we start at 9am and end around 5pm (with a break between 12:30 and 2pm).
- Location: Auditorium 02.51 (Psychological Institute, Tiensestraat 102, 3000 Leuven)
- Registration: If you plan to attend the workshop, please complete the form before March 6, 2017. Note that the number of participants is limited.